You are here:


Residential & Commercial Services


Every part of your home demands electricity from the garage to the kitchen, bathroom, and much more. Especially major appliances like air conditioning, heating, refrigerators, washing machines and dryers, televisions, charging of phones, computers, and of course lights.

We are experienced with installations of 120v electrical wiring and service as well as 240v (both single-phase and 3-phase). coaxial wiring, track and area lighting, surge protectors, breaker panel upgrades, emergency backup generators, retrofits for commercial lighting, and many other services. Our electricians are experienced and skilled at installing wiring in commercial grade conduit, and wiring and panel installations for light manufacturing, restaurants and commercial kitchens, sports and fitness centers, recreation facilities, and much more.

Having any problems with electricity, whether seen or unseen, can cost you thousands, but also be a safety hazard for you and your family. Here are list of services offered by Ritter electricians.


  • Recessed, LED, and Tracked Lighting
  • Landscaped Lighting
  • Breaker Panels
  • Outlets and Switches
  • Ceiling Fans
  • Garbage Disposals
  • Internet and Phone Lines
  • Home Entertainment
  • Generators
  • Whole House Automation
Home Automation

The RadioRA 2 designer seeTouch keypad provides control of lights, shades, temperature and plug-in devices in the same room, or throughout the home. It installs in a standard wallbox gang.

  • Controls lights, shades, and temperature throughout home
  • Backlit buttons make it easy-to-find and operate in low-light conditions
  • Custom engraving is angled up to the eye for easy reading
  • Available in a variety of button configurations
  • Available with or without raise/lower buttons
  • Coordinating Claro® wallplates sold separately
  • Buttons have LEDs that provide real-time status of programmed devices

Common Electrical Problems

  • Flickering Lights
    Flickering lights typically indicate a poor connection within a wiring circuit. This problem may occur in just a room or two, or throughout the home. It can also involve the connection to the main electricity wire. If ignored, a flickering connection can short out electronics and appliances and even pose a fire hazard.
  • Tripped Circuit Breakers
    Tripping breakers indicate an overloaded circuit or an underlying wiring issue. Circuit breakers are designed to protect the electrical system in your home, so if your breakers trip repeatedly, it’s time to have the problem inspected by a Ritter Electric Services licensed electrician before it grows into a costly repair.
  • Dead Outlets
    Outlets lose power for many reasons, but the fix doesn’t always require an electrician. If you encounter a dead outlet, first check your breaker box for a tripped breaker. A quick reset may be all you need. On outlets with a Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFCI), be sure the switch or button is on. If you cannot get power to an outlet, or if the outlet continues to trip and lose power, it’s time to call Ritter Electrical Services to solve the problem.
  • Dead Switches
    Light switches that work intermittently give away another home electrical problem. The wiring may be loose or the device may be cracked internally. If a wire is loose in a switch, it can pose a problem as well. An unsuspecting individual could accidentally receive a shock when flipping the switch.
  • No GFCI's
    Increased risk of electrocution in wet areas, such as baths and kitchens. GFCIs (ground-fault circuit interrupters) shut down circuits in 4 milliseconds, before current can cause a deadly shock.
  • Burning Odor
    If you notice a burning odor turn the power off at the electrical panel. Contact a qualified Ritter electrician for appropriate repairs. The problem may be a faulty device, but it could also be a wiring or overload problem. A burning smell is a serious issue because it could indicate the start of an electrical fire. Receptacles or connected electrical cords that are warm to the touch are also a sign of an electrical problem. Do not use the receptacle until the situation has been repaired.